Tips to get your back on track
Getting back to the early bedtime routine can be so hard for families after 6-8 weeks of late nights and fun!
Try some of these ideas
- Adjust bedtime by about 15-20 mins each day until you get to your child’s normal bedtime.
- Limit screen time at least an hour before bed and start calming activities 30 mins before bed.
- Dim the lights as much as possible to encourage children to feel sleepy.
- Create a routine that includes warm baths, soothing drinks and stories and try to stick to the same routine.
- If possible turn off all blue lights from electronic devices and even night lights which can interfere with children’s body clock.
- Play relaxing music in the evening have the radio set to Jazz fm or Classic fm.
- Give your child a relaxing massage. Foot and forehead and back massages are perfect for getting them calm. & Don’t worry about getting your technique right – as long as it feels good, it is right.
- Some yoga stretches such as simple forward bends encourages the body into a state of relaxation.
- Lie down with your child and put your hands on your stomachs and notice your breathing.;Let the breathing become soft and steady.
- Read a relaxing visualisation to your child or let them sleep listening to the Relax Kids CDs.
Download your FREE wellbeing pack – www.relaxkids.com/wellbeing