Hanukkah activity -make your own dreidel
Today is the beginning of Hanukkah, an eight-day Jewish festival celebrated around the world.
Relax Kids classes teach children about tolerance and respect of themselves and each other. One of themes is Around the World Adventures.
Our world is increasingly becoming a global society, where other cultures can appreciate and understand each other regardless of faith or ethnicity.
These classes will take your child on a different magical journey each week, igniting their curiosity about the world around them, and helping develop their understanding of different places and cultures.
Why not celebrate the beginning of Hanukkah at home with your child by creating your own paper dreidel?
Follow this link to download a printable, cut-out dreidel to make at home: https://relaxkids.com/dreidel/
Dreidels are a traditional Jewish toy. Here’s how to play a dreidel game:
- Any number of people can take part in this great game.
- Each player begins the game with an equal number of tokens (about 10-15). Use sweets, raisins or pennies as tokens, or create your own!
- At the beginning of each round, every participant puts one game piece into the centre ‘pot.’ In addition, every time the pot is empty or has only one game piece left, every player should put one token in the pot.
- Every time it’s your turn, spin the dreidel once. Depending on the outcome, you give or get game pieces from the pot. Follow the instructions on each side of the dreidel.
- If you find that you have no game pieces left, you are either out or may ask a fellow player for a ‘loan.’
- When one person has won everything, that round of the game is over!
Enjoy playing with your dreidel!
For more information on our classes or to find a coach near you, visit our https://relaxkids.com/find-a-coach/
Our classes will develop children’s social skills, imagination and creativity, build their self-esteem, and encourage physical development through fun and games. Your child will learn simple and fun relaxation techniques, including games and movement, stretching and breathing exercises, peer and self-massage, positive affirmations, and visualisations.
Every exercise in our classes has been created to help children have fun and develop their confidence, social skills and creativity!